Troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer
The error code 140 in Canon Printer is a technical error that creates disturbance in the working function of a printer. It creates a lot of troubles for a user to perform printing in a hassle-free manner. Technical errors can occur at any point of time and if it is not solved earlier then it can degrade the printing functions. A user needs to maintain the printer quality. The error code 140 occurs in the printer due to the failure of the scanner to scan any document. This technical error implies that it will be impossible to scan if the error is not fixed. Here, in this blog, we will discuss the solutions to troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer.
Guidelines to troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer:
It is important to look after the printer when it occurs with technical troubles. In this section, we will discuss the solutions to troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer.
Solution 1: Stop the printing process
Here, the user will have to stop the printing process. The following processes are as follows:
· Firstly, move to the Start button and then navigate to the Control Panel. After that, the user needs to go to Devices.
· Click on the printer when the Devices window pops out.
· Lastly, select “Stop printing” to stop the printing.
Solution 2: Replace the ink cartridges
The error can occur due to empty or a faulty ink cartridge. When the error appears on the printer, firstly check the cartridge if it is empty or not. If the ink cartridge gets full then chances are the ink cartridge is faulty. To fix up the error, the user will have to replace the ink cartridge. To perform this, you will have to order the original ink cartridge from Canon website.
Solution 3: Complete the checking process of the printer
Here, you will have to follow some of the processes to drive away from the technical error. The following processes are as follows:
· Re-installing the driver software- Sometimes, the printer driver is outdated or not updated. It is important to keep the driver software updated. To update the printer driver software the user can go to the Canon official webpage and enter the Canon Printer model. After the downloading process, you will find the download folder from there you will have to run the software and then update it.
· Clean the ink cartridge with wet cotton- Always check the ink cartridge of the printer. If it gets dirty then you might find an error occurring in the printer. Now, you will have to clean the ink cartridges. The user now pulls out the cartridges from the printer and then cleans the printer. Once you have cleaned it properly leave it in the open air to dry it down. When the ink cartridge gets dried out then place the cartridges again and then check if the error gets removed.
· Press down the reset button- Reset button helps in many cases to solve the errors. Resetting is the best option to drive away from the error.
These are the solutions that a user can follow up to troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer. The user can also take the help of the Canon Printer Support team members.
Canon Printer Support
Canon Printer Support comprises of expert professionals that helps to solve all the queries of the printer. The team members work to provide the best customer service. To solve the queries the user can call at +1-888-621-0339 and talk with the team members directly. To get the customer benefits the user can subscribe to the monthly or yearly package at an affordable price.